RESULTS and materials of the seminar for teachers
primary schools and kindergartens
practical examples of working with NEWLY APPEARED teaching aids for textbooks “Aha, Slovak!” and “The world around us in Slovak.”
The purpose of the training was:
- inform about the progress of work on individual results of the project and agree on a schedule so that we can complete the work on teaching aids for the textbook Aha, Slovak! and complete the workbook “The World Around Us in Slovak" by the end of February 2024,
- inform the general professional community that at the end of February 2024, along with Slovak language textbooks for foreign children, teaching aids will be available that will guide teachers and provide them with instructions on how to work with individual exercises,
- inform the general professional community about the upcoming additional didactic material and the wide possibilities of its use - - cards with pictures. A methodological guide has also been compiled for the cards, containing instructions for teachers on how to work with the cards and what range of possibilities they provide.
- notify the pedagogical community that part of the methodological manual is also a part devoted to practicing literary pronunciation and spelling, and the exercises belonging to this section are also available in recording,
- inform teachers working in classes with children of foreigners that they also have a self-assessment test that the child can take after completing the Slovak language course and will be assessed on how much he has mastered the subject necessary to achieve proficiency in the language. level A1 language proficiency according to SERR.
We are pleased that the feedback from the teachers present was only positive; according to the teachers, this two-day training brought great benefits to those present in working with textbooks "Aha, Slovak!" and "The world around us in Slovak."
We completed all our studies in a pleasant atmosphere at a nearby restaurant during a work lunch.
In conclusion, here are some photos of the atmosphere during our training. We also add presentations presented at the training.
Iveta Tunegova, iCan project coordinator